2000 - 2049
From USS Wolff Wiki
Next: 2050 - 2099
- A massive earthquake strikes the West Coast of North America, causing massive devestation to urban centers such as Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Television is no longer considered a viable form of entertainment.
- Successful completion of the first Earth-Saturn manned space probe.
- Lunar Colonies founded on Earth’s moon (Sol IIIa).
- The exploratory ship Charybdis is launched from Earth, being the third attempt for humankind to travel outside the Sol System. It is assumed destroyed after telemetry is lost. However, it winds up in the distant Theta 116 System and it's whereabouts unknown until 2365.
- The hovercar comes into general use on Earth.
- The New United Nations rules that no citizen can be held responsible for crimes committed by their ancestors or race.
- The US flag now has 52 stars.
- Zefram Cochrane is born on Earth. He would go on to be the first person to establish warp drive on Earth and the first human to break the warp barrier.
- The Ares IV mission to Mars ends in tragedy with the loss of the command module pilot. His sacrifice, however, has significant effects on future space missions.
- The Bell Riots take place in the San Francisco Sanctuary District.
- Students throughout Europe cause considerable unrest in many countries, such as France.
- Ireland is unified again after over a century of violence.
- The United States establishes the Sanctuary Districts to deal with rising poverty and unemployment.
- Sleeper ships are declared obsolete after advances are made in sublight propulsion.
- The Dax symbiont is born on Trillius Prime.
- The Millennium Gate is complete. The structure would serve as a prototype for the future colonization of Mars.
- NASA retires its last remaining space shuttle, the Atlantis.
- Space probe Nomad launched from Earth, the first intented to look for extraterrestial life on other worlds. It is believed lost in a collision with a meteroid.
- Construction begins on the Millennium Gate, Earth's first self-substaining community.
- Terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York, the Pentagon in Washington DC, and Flight 93 result in the destruction of the towers and nearly 3000 deaths.
- The International Space Station is inaugurated.