2250 - 2299
Political History of the Federation and of the Obsidian Fleet. 2250 - 2299
- A Klingon expedition makes first contact with the Ventaxians.
- Official First Contact with the Bridlean.
- Federation colonists settle on Solarion IV near Cardassian space.
- The Constitution class U.S.S. Endurance is officially declared lost with all hands.
- The U.S.S. Jenolan encounters a Dyson Sphere en route to Norpin V. Everyone aboard is believed killed, including retired Capt. Montgomery Scott.
- Parts of Oby VI are afflicted with the plasma plague.
- Betazed joins the Federation.
- Deep Space 1 goes operational near the Romulan Neutral Zone.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Starfleet begins keeping a top secret file on the Borg.
- The Klingon moon Praxis explodes. Praxis was a major energy-producing world for the Empire.
- Klingon Chancellor Gorkon is killed on route to Earth for the Khitomer Peace Conference. Although arrested and falsely charged with the crime, Capt. Kirk and Dr. McCoy are rescued from imprisonment on Rura Penthe.
- U.S.S. Enterprise-A is decommisioned.
- The Excelsior class U.S.S. Enterprise-B is launched under Capt. John Harriman. In it's attempts to rescue a ship full of El Aurian refugees, Capt. James Kirk is believed killed.
- Capt. Hikaru Sulu is given command of the U.S.S. Excelsior. It's first assignment is a three-year mission to catalog gaseous anomalies in the Beta Quadrant.
- The Klingon High Council dispatches three ships to capture the infamous Albino.
- The first Constitution class U.S.S. Endurance disappears while researching the Tikani eye.
- Negotiations between the Federation and the Klingon Empire take place at the Kovat Colony.
- Starfleet retires the Soyuz Class of starships.
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Capt. Spock's half-brother, Sybok, high-jacks the USS Enterprise-A and travels through the Great Barrier of the galaxy.
- The Transwarp research project is cancelled.
- Rigel IV joins the Federation.
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- An alien probe reaches Earth in an attempt to communicate with whales. The planet is almost destroyed in the attempt. Admiral James Kirk uses a captured Klingon Bird-of-Prey to go back in time and retrieve two whales.
- James T. Kirk is court-martialed and reduced in rank to Captain. The rest of his crew are cleared of charges.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise-A under Capt. Kirk is launched.
- Arcadia joins the Federation.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan / Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- The U.S.S. Reliant is highjacked by Khan Noonien Singh at Ceti Alpha V. Bent on revenge, he attacks the U.S.S. Enterprise but is killed upon the detonation of the Genesis Device. Capt. Spock also dies saving the ship.
- The Genesis Planet is created.
- Admiral James Kirk steals the U.S.S. Enterprise and rescues a revived Spock. The ship is later destroyed to keep from falling into Klingon hands.
- The first of the Excelsior class starships is being built with an experimental transwarp drive. The transwarp project will be a dismal failure.
- Trillius Prime joins the United Federation of Planets.
- The U.S.S. Hathaway is launched.
- The Darwin Genetic Research Station on Gagarin IV goes online.
- The first of the Constellation class starships is launched.
- Dr. Carol Marcus presents her proposal for Project Genesis to the Federation Science Council.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise is retired from active exploration duty and is assigned as a training vessel for the Academy.
- The Soyuz Class USS Bozeman disappears near the Typhon Expanse.
- Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock both accept positions at Starfleet Academy.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise ship emblem is adopted as the universal symbol of Starfleet.
- Gideon joins the Federation.
- The Son'a, after a failed coup, flee the planet Ba'ku.
- First Contact between the Federation and the Breen.
- Rigel III, inhabited by the the Chelarians, joins the Federation.
- The S.S. Artemis crash-lands on Tau Cygna V. Radiation poisoning claims most of the crew, but by 2366, the survivors have established a prosperous colony.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Earth probe Voyager returns to Federation space as V'Ger, U.S.S. Enterprise takes off on her second five-year mission under Kirk to meet it.
(Note: this date is now accepted more in canon with the date of the end of the original five year mission moved to 2270 and the fact that Kirk was Chief of Starfleet Operations for two and a half years)
- Ambassador Sarek opens negotiations with the Legarans for the first time.
- Betazed becomes a member of the Federation.
- Klingon forces under the command of Kor win a stunning victory over the Romulans at Klach D'kel Brakt.
- The Federation's first successful weather control system goes operational on Caldos II.
- The Federation and Tholians begin diplomatic relations.
- Cestus III joins the Federation.
- Starfleet begins fielding its second-generation photon torpedo, a marked improvement over previous models.
Star Trek: TAS Season Two
- Orion neutrality comes to an end when it is caught in an act of piracy by U.S.S. Enterprise.
- On a mission to deliver medical supplies to Dramia, Dr. McCoy is arrested for bringing a plague to the planet nineteen years earlier.
- The Enterprise makes contact with the ancient Kukulkan.
- Commodore Robert April helps save the Enterprise when it enters a negative universe, causing the crew to grow younger. He retires to the planet Babel.
- U.S.S. Enterprise goes to San Francisco shipyards for extensive refitting. The completion of her famous five-year mission was met with great fanfare. James Kirk is promoted to Chief of Starfleet Operations while Dr. Leonard McCoy retires to private practice. Commander Spock in on inactive reserve and will soon go on the Kohlinahr on Vulcan. Captain Willard Decker becomes CO of the Enterprise.
Star Trek Season Three and The Animated Series Season One
- The Federation library archive on Memory Alpha is attacked by an energy phenomena.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise negotiates a peace among the miners and cloud dwellers on Ardana.
- First contact between the Federation and the Excalbians, Aquans, and Phylosians.
- The Mantilles colony is threatened by a cosmic cloud creature.
- The Enterprise escorts two grain ships to relieve a famine on Sherman's Planet, and encounters Klingon resistance.
- While looking for philanthropist Carter Winston along the Romulan Neutral Zone, the Enterprise encounters the Vendorians.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise explores the Galactic Core.
- The Enterprise becomes trapped in the Delta Triangle.
- The Soul of Alar is stolen from Skorr threatening galactic warfare on a grand scale. It was returned by U.S.S. Enterprise.
- Federation scientists discover the Omega molecule during top secret research in the Lantaru Sector.
- Catulla joins the Federation.
- The USS Ariel completes a six-week survey of Lactra VII, leading up to First Contact with the Lactrans.
Star Trek Season Two & Three
- Ceti Alpha VI explodes, turning the Class M world of Ceti Alpha V into a wasteland.
- The Babel Conference is conducted to review Coridan's admittance to the Federation.
- The Klingons begin supplying firearms to certain factions on Neural, hoping to influence the planet's political future.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise encounters the dikironium cloud creature and kills it.
- A colossal single-celled organism threatening to invade our galaxy is destroyed by the U.S.S. Enterprise
- Capt. James Kirk assists Kelvan agents to find a suitable planet to colonize.
- The Enterprise looks into the disappearance of John Gill and finds the cultural contamination on Ekos.
- Testing of the M5 computer results in a disastrous failure and the loss of the U.S.S. Excalibur.
- The Polaric Test Ban Treaty is signed, after the near destruction of a Romulan research colony due to a polaric ion device explosion on Chaltok IV.
- Diplomatic relations with the Melkotians are established.
- Starfleet manages to steal a cloaking device from the Romulans after it is found out that there was a pact between the Klingon Empire and Romulan Star Empire.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise rescues the research personnel on Minara II before that system's star goes nova.
- First contact between the Federation and the Tholians, Platonians, and Scalosians.
- Limited diplomatic relations with the planet Gideon are established.
- The USS Enterprise manages to divert the asteroid ship Yonada away from a collision with Daran V.
- Miral becomes a Federation protectorate.
- Following the debris of the SS Beagle, the Enterprise discovers the planet 892-IV.
- Valzhan joins the Federation.
- Congress of Morg and Eymorg founded on Sigma Draconis VI.
- The Gatherers flee Acamar III.
Star Trek Season One & Two
- Spock takes the U.S.S. Enterprise to Talos IV against orders in hopes that his former commander Christopher Pike will be able to relocate there.
- The Gorn are encountered for the first time after they destroy the Federation outpost on Cestus III.
- While investigating the disappearance of the U.S.S. Valiant some fifty years ago, the U.S.S. Enterprise gets involved in the Eminiar VII-Vendikar War.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise discovers the sleeper ship S.S. Botany Bay adrift in the Mutara Sector, where it had been for 271 years. Aboard is Khan Noonien Singh, the tyrannical leader of the Augments.
- Federation and Klingon forces engage in war. They are stopped by the Organians who create the Klingon Neutral Zone.
- The Enterprise is sent to the planet Deneva to stop an infestation of neural parasites from destroying the population. They succeed, but not before 22,000 are killed - including Kirk's brother Sam and sister-in-law.
- The planet Capella IV becomes a Federation protectorate.
- The Enterprise finds Zefram Cochrane, long believed dead, on a planetoid in the Gamma Canaris region.
- U.S.S. Constellation is destroyed by a planet killing doomsday device.
- The Federation, Klingon and Romulan governments establish a colony on Nimbus III, Planet of Galactic Peace.
- Coridan III joins the Federation.
- With assistance of the USS Enterprise, the peoples of Beta III are freed from the control of the Landru computer.
Star Trek Season One
- The U.S.S. Enterprise makes first contact with the First Federation and the Thasians. The latter were once believed to be a myth.
- At the planet Psi 2000, the Enterprise finds the science team they are sent to recover dead victims of the Psi 2000 virus.
- U.S.S. Enterprise confronts a Romulan ship that had crossed the Romulan Neutral Zone and destroyed several Earth outposts. The event ends over a century of Romulan isolationism.
- Admiral Pike was seriously injured by delta radiation rescuing cadets on a training mission aboard a J class starship.
- The Enterprise and crew are sent to Exo III to determine the fate of Dr. Roger Korby's expedition.
- Capt. Kirk and crew are sent to Planet Q to investigate the claim that mass murderer Kodos, former governor of Tarsus IV, is still alive.
- After generations of war, the inhabitants of Acamar III establish piece. Only the Gatherers continue being violent.
- Nador joins the Federation.
- Miri becomes a Federation protectorate.
- The Borg destroy the El Aurian homeworld. The survivors are scattered throughout the galaxy.
- Constitution class U.S.S. Enterprise is re-launched under the command of James T. Kirk. One early mission takes them to the edge of the Galaxy.
- Christopher Pike is promoted to Fleet Admiral.
- The planet Ingraham B is attacked by a plague of neural parasites.
- Axanar joins the Federation after forming new world government.
- The Federation outlaws the Orion slave trade.
- Carter Winston disappears in a meteor storm and crash lands on the planet Vendor. He would succumb to his injuries the following year.
- Tuvok is born on Vulcanis Lunar Colony.
- Igre joins the Federation.
- A mining colony is started on Rigel XII.
- Colonists leave Earth to settle Omicron Ceti III.
- Ardana joins the Federation.
- Damaged by a meteor, the crew of the S.S. Beagle escape to 892-IV. The survivors are taken captive by the inhabitants.
- Archaeological research begins on the planet M-113.
- Noted medical archaeologist Dr. Roger Korby is last heard from on Exo III.
- First Contact between the Federation and Magna Roma.
- After years of crop failure, the Federation colony on Cerberus faces starvation. Famous philanthropist Carter Winston uses his own money to bring in food and supplies to save the colonists.
- The U.S.S. Farragut encounters a dikironium cloud creature on Tycho IV, resulting in the death of 200 crewmembers.
- Mantilles joins the Federation.
- The Denobulans discover Caldik Prime in the Kalandra sector.
- Starfleet Commander Nicola Levinson born on April 26
- Capt. Christopher Pike completes his first five-year mission aboard the USS Enterprise.
- The Treaty of Armens is signed and marks the last contact between the Federation and the Sheliak Corporate prior to 2366.
- Lt. James T. Kirk commands his first mission to survey the planet Neural.
- Spock joins the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise as science officer.
- U.S.S. Enterprise visits the planet Rigel VII and finds a primitive warrior race called the Kaylar. Pike and his away team are attacked, resulting in the death of four crewmen (including Pike's yeoman).
- U.S.S. Enterprise under command of Christopher Pike, encounters strange telepathic beings on the planet Talos IV. The planet was quarantined at his recommendation.
- The Battle of Axanar takes place, immortalizing Fleet Captain Garth of Izar.
- First Contact between the Federation and Neural.
- First Contact between the Federation and Rigel VII.
- First Contact with the Arcadians.
- Axanar invades multiple worlds and offers them as tribute to the Federation in exchange for membership. Federation Council is divided, but ultimately rejects the offer.
- First Contact between the Federation and the Bolians.
- The Efrosians join the Federation.
- Constitution class U.S.S. Enterprise is re-launched under the command of Christopher Pike.
- Dr. Leonard McCoy heads a massive Federation effort to inoculate the inhabitants of Dramia II. An outbreak of auroral plague takes place there soon after they leave.
- Cygnet XIV joins the Federation.