Political History of the Federation and of the Obsidian Fleet. 2350 - Current simming year
Previous: 2300 - 2349
(Current simming year)
- The planet-wide 10-year aquaduct project on Ledonia III is completed by the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.
- Melani D’ian organizes the assassination of Raimus on Farius Prime, thereby gaining control of 30% of Orion Syndicate operations and becoming the most powerful Orion in the criminal organization in twenty years.
- A bill supported by Grand Nagus Rom which would formally ally the Ferengi Alliance with the Federation fails to pass a vote in the Economic Congress of Ferengi Advisors after several lawmakers are bribed.
- The Jem'Hadar in the Alpha Quadrant take control of Devos II, unpopulated and the location of an abandoned Dominion ketracel white storage facility, but Starfleet takes no aggressive action.
- The Hobus star goes supernova and destroys Romulus and Remus, killing billions only 27 hours after evacuation orders are given; Starfleet orders a massive relief effort to aid the Romulans.
- The rogue Romulan Nero in command of the Narada begins attacking Klingon vessels, prompting Chancellor Martok to order retaliatory attacks led by now-General Worf.
- Ambassador Spock pilots the experimental starship Jellyfish to Hobus where he is unable to contain the supernova, leading to his and Nero’s disappearance.
- After gathering intelligence on Mykona, the crew of the USS Eclipse track notorious arms dealer Julian Delvar to Isvor III and capture him.
- Ryuu Incident occurs.
- First contact with the Tellinii occurs.
- The Romulan Mining Guild and the Remans enter into a dispute over mining rights in the empire, leading to skirmishes between ships.
- The Remans are relocated to Crateris in the Gamma Crateris System over fears of a Praxis-like event.
- After the murder of the head of the Tal Shiar, Sela is charged with the crime and exiled instead of executed at Donatra’s request.
- Admiral Taris travels to Levaeri V to search for the ancient Sword of the Raptor Star, created by the Vulcan swordsmith S’harien and taken into exile by S’task.
- King Xrathis of the Gorn Hegemony dies and is replaced by Crown Prince Slathis.
- The Gorn and Klingons fight several border skirmishes.
- Commander Data is re-commissioned in Starfleet.
- Riots erupt across Ferenginar protesting the establishment of state schools, but are put down by Grand Nagus Rom.
- The Federation and Cardassians sign a new treaty demilitarizing the Cardassians and bringing them under the wing of the Federation and Starfleet, Bajor drops its requests for the prosecution of prominent Cardassians.
- The Jem'Hadar left in the Alpha Quadrant refuse to return to the Dominion with Odo, rejecting him as a false god.
- The USS Eclipse makes first contact with the Borg-worshipping Efati.
- First Contact with the Ryuu Confederacy.
- Barzan Intinerant Wormhole rediscovered and stabilized.
- Bunker Hill Incident occurs.
- All non-Klingon residents of Khitomer are forced to leave, requiring Starfleet to send a contingent of ships led by the Enterprise-E to assist the evacuation.
- Jean-Luc Picard resigns his Starfleet commission and is then appointed Federation ambassador to Vulcan.
- The Soong Foundation, with the assistance of Geordi La Forge, successfully access the personality matrix of Data in B-4, further advancing the study of positronic brains.
- Worf, son of Mogh, resigns his Starfleet commission and is appointed lead Federation ambassador on Qo'noS.
- Annika Hansen, formally Seven of Nine, leaves her work with Starfleet after the Borg task force is dismantled and continues her work at the Daystrom Institute.
- Tensions along the Klingon- and Federation-Romulan borders calm and many ships are pulled back.
- The Romulan worlds are reunified under Donatra’s military might, and Sela, who became Praetor after Tal’aura’s death, is replaced by the weak Senator Chulan who defers to Donatra.
- The Remans are granted citizenship within the Romulan Star Empire, with General Xiomek being made a Senator.
- Starfleet increases its presence along the Romulan Neutral Zone, considering the Romulan crisis its greatest threat.
- Tomalak is removed as proconsul after his defeat by Donatra and is replaced by Sela. Tomalak is forced to retire.
- Tal’aura agrees to an armistice with Donatra and the demarcating of a border and establishment of a Neutral Zone between the two, Donatra agrees.
- Tal’aura is found dead, the Tal Shiar declares it murder, leading to upheaval and wild rumors.
- A diplomatic row erupts when a Gorn ship attacks and Klingon vessel and refuses to surrender the prisoners.
- Arbaza becomes a Federation protectorate.
- The Ferengi establish an embassy and gift shop on Deep Space 9 to encourage trade with Bajor.
- The deactivated prototype android, B-4, is transferred to the custody of the Soong Foundation.
- Food rationing is implemented on Romulus, sparking riots and intervention by Romulan troops leading to thousands of dead. As a result, Tal‘aura is granted special powers to strip noble titles, previously reserved for the Emperor, and to declare war without Senate approval.
- Ambassador Spock returns to Romulus to work with the Unificationists.
- Tomalak launches an attack on Donatra’s fleet at Xanitla, but is soundly defeated and further humiliated when Admiral Taris and twelve ships defect to Donatra.
- Ancient archaeological finds from the Hebitian civilization on Cardassia Prime prompt renewed interest in the past amongst Cardassians, leading to the regrowth of the Oralians, an ancient religion dating back to the Hebitians, thus angering the True Way.
- Division within the Klingon High Council is revealed when hardliners begin to challenge Chancellor Martok, accusing him of being a “pet” of Starfleet.
- Starfleet JAG appeals the decision against the Doctor’s sentience, alleging the “Data Decision” only established that the Doctor was not the property of Starfleet rather than declaring him sentient.
- The Soong Foundation announces research into the creation of a civilian version of the mobile emitter.
- The Sazi system star begins to go nova.
- To prevent a complete collapse of the Romulan Star Empire, Praetor Tal’aura allows food shipments from the Federation, but refuses the Federation’s offer to mediate the dispute between her and Empress Donatra.
- Admiral Taris is appointed second-in-command to Fleet Commander Tomalak and is ordered to re-organize and mobilize Romulan military forces.
- Praetor Tal’aura abolishes elections for senators and appoints them herself, but denies representation for the Unificationists and Remans, and alienates many noble families.
- The Klingon Empire launches lightning raids into Romulan space, retaking Khitomer and surrounding worlds.
- The Voyager’s Emergency Medical Hologram, known as The Doctor, gets an injunction against the transfer by Starfleet of his mobile emitter, thereby establishing a precedent for artificial life form rights.
- 472 Cardassians wanted by the Bajorans disappear from Cardassia Prime, leading to a diplomatic row between the two.
- Ro Laren is released from prison and joins the Bajoran Militia, becoming Head of Security for Deep Space 9.
- Starfleet Marines are sent as peacekeepers to Aleron to bolster a pro-Federation government.
- The Caeliar are rediscovered.
- General Xiomek of Remus allies with Unification Movement founded by Ambassador Spock on Romulus.
- Ambassador Spock presents a formal request for aid for the Unification Movement to the Federation Council, which agrees to take the matter into consideration.
- Commander Donatra takes over several agricultural worlds in Romulan space, which allows her to declare herself the first empress of the Imperial Romulan State with a capitol on Archenar Prime.
- Bajor leads a coalition of planets demanding members of the Cardassian government and military stand trial for crimes committed during the Occupation of Bajor and Dominion War, but the Cardassian government refuses.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard is charged with the task of upgrading the Federation’s defenses against a potential Borg invasion to be assisted by Seven of Nine.
- The Hunley class shuttle goes into production.
- Zarnac forces under Athon, Son of the Tenth House (known as the "Butcher of Dayos") launch an invasion of Deridous IV in an attempt to massacre the Forty-ninth House.
- Koa joins the Federation.
- The Founder known as the Female Changeling is sentenced for crimes committed against sentient beings and committed to the Federation maximum security facility at Ananke Alpha.
- Ro Laren, a former member of Starfleet who defected to the Maquis in 2370, surrenders to Starfleet and pleads guilty to charges of desertion and is ordered to report to a penal facility on Earth for rehabilitation.
- The Andak Project is launched under the direction of Keiko O‘Brien, a Federation-funded program intended to restore Cardassia Prime’s agricultural base, but is met with stiff xenophobic resistance from such groups as the True Way and Gul Macet’s conservative bloc of the government and is only allowed to proceed thanks to the influence of Cardassian governmental advisor Elim Garak.
- The Antedeans join the Federation.
- The Cardassian Union signs the Polaric Test Ban Treaty.
Star Trek: Nemesis
- The Romulan Senate and Praetor are assassinated by Shinzon, who is in turn killed in battle against the U.S.S. Enterprise-E.
- Tal’aura declares herself the new Praetor and is supported by Fleet Commander Tomalak, the new leader of the Imperial Defense Force.
- Commander Donatra, with the support of Commander Suran and Admiral Braeg, commands a majority of the Fifth and Third fleets in rebellion against Tal’aura.
- General Xiomek of the Reman Kepeszuk Battalion demands massive reparations from the now weakened Romulan central government, but Tal’aura commands Tomalak to blockade Remus.
- The Science ship U.S.S. Copernicus while researching the Tikani eye discovers the Constitution class U.S.S. Endurance held suspended from the passage of time in a layer of subspace in the center of the phenomenon.
- The first production run of 12 Luna class explorers is complete.
- Zarnac forces launch the Battle of Dayos IV against the Klingon colony of Dayos IV, massacring a large portion of the Thirty-first House.
- Leto Colony is founded on the planet Azandria, near the Typhon Expanse.
Voyager: Season 7
- U.S.S. Voyager returns to the Alpha Quadrant.
- Romulan forces pull out of the Obsidian Fleet joint project.
Voyager: Season 6
- Starbase Obsidian is completed.
- Creation of Obsidian Fleet, a joint Federation/Romulan task force.
- Bijan II leaves the Federation.
- The Bijani form the Bijani-Spira Alliance.
- Bajor joins the Federation.
- New Bajor is resettled and joins the Federation.
- A cure is discovered for the Vidiian Phage.
Deep Space Nine: Season 7 / Voyager: Season 5 / Star Trek: Insurection
- The U.S.S. Enterprise-E helps the Ba'ku people in the Briar Patch.
- Dominion War ends with the Treaty of Bajor.
- Cardassian Union turns on the Dominion to join the Allied forces during the Battle of Cardassia.
- The Dominion attack the civilian population on Cardassia Prime, ultimately killing 80 million.
- The Chin'toka System is reclaimed by the Dominion.
- The Breen attack Earth.
- The Breen join the Dominion.
- Peace treaty established with Species 8472.
- Rom becomes Ferengi Grand Nagus.
- Evora joins the Federation.
Deep Space Nine: Season 6 / Voyager: Season 4
- The Federation Alliance captures the Chin'toka System.
- The Romulans join the war against the Dominion.
- The Jem'Hadar raid the dilithium mines on Coridan.
- The USS Defiant destroys a large Dominion sensor array in the Argolis Cluster.
- Joint Federation/Klingon forces recapture Deep Space 9.
- Betazed falls to the Dominion.
- The Evora achieve warp capability.
- A rag-tag fleet of Starfleet vessels save Beta Ursae Minor II from capture by the Dominion.
Deep Space Nine: Season 5 / Voyager: Season 3 / Star Trek: First Contact
- Chancellor Gowron breaks a tedious ceasefire and invades the Ajilon System, resulting in the Battle of Ajilon Prime.
- Dominion forces capture Deep Space 9.
- Second Borg invasion. Borg reach Earth and then travel back in time.
- Dukat becomes leader of Cardassia after helping the Dominion take over the planet.
- Drakt, the first Zarnac in Starfleet, enrolls in Starfleet Academy.
- Klingon-Federation Alliance restored.
- Ekos joins the Federation.
Deep Space Nine: Season 4 / Voyager: Season 2
- U.S.S. Enterprise-E is built.
- Detapa Council overthrows Cardassian Central Command which Klingons see as proof of a Changeling conspiracy.
- Klingons attack Cardassian outposts and break the Treaty of Alliance with the Federation.
- Sisko interferes in a Klingon-Cardassian conflict, touching off the Second Federation-Klingon War.
- Trade relations established between the Ferengi Alliance and the Karemma Foundation.
- Vandros IV annexed by the Dominion.
- Breen pirates attack the Bajoran colony of Free Haven.
Deep Space Nine: Season 3 / Voyager: Season 1 / Star Trek: Generations
- The Nexus travels through Federation space.
- U.S.S. Enterprise-D is destroyed.
- U.S.S. Voyager is brought to the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker.
- U.S.S. Defiant is assigned to Deep Space 9.
- The Changelings are discovered to be the leaders of the Dominion.
- Gamma Quadrant colony of New Bajor is destroyed by Jem'Hadar.
- Romulans allow transfer of cloaking device to the Federation in exchange for Dominion intelligence.
- First Contact between the Federation and the Meridian.
- The Obsidian Order plans with the Tal Shiar a preemptive strike on the Founders' Homeworld. The plot is unsuccessful, marred by infiltrators and results in the 20 ship joint task force being destroyed.
The Next Generation: Season 7 / Deep Space Nine: Season 2
- First contact with the Dominion.
- The Cardassian-Federation Demilitarized Zone is established.
- The Maquis are formed.
- First Contact between the Federation and the Jem'Hadar.
- Vair joins the Federation.
- T-Rogoran annexed by the Dominion, millions of Skrreea flee to the Federation where they are resettled on Draylon II.
The Next Generation: Season 6 / Deep Space Nine: Season 1
- Cloned Kahless becomes Emperor of the Klingon Empire.
- Bajoran wormhole is discovered.
- Cardassian forces withdraw from Bajor.
- Capt. Mongomery Scott is discovered in stasis after crashing on a Dyson Sphere.
- Plans are drawn up for Starbase Obsidian 0.9 light years from the Romulan Neutral Zone.
- Tholian-Federation Permanent Truce signed.
- The USS Enterprise-D lends ecological assistance to Tagra IV.
- Terok Nor becomes Deep Space 9.
- Benzar joins the Federation.
- The USS Enterprise-D successfully evacuates 643 colonists off Bersallis III.
- Ledonia III discovered by the Grazerites.
- A Federation science ship surveying the Typhon Expanse discovers the planet Azandria.
The Next Generation: Season 5
- The Duras family is assisted by the Romulans. A Federation task group is sent to guard the Klingon/Romulan border.
- When the genome colony on Moab IV is threatened by a stellar core fragment, the U.S.S. Enterprise-D arrives to divert disaster. Unfortunately, their involvement also ends the genome's hopes of a continued perfect society.
- Cultural exchange established between the Federation and the Children of Tamar.
- The U.S.S. Danube, first in a very successful class of runabouts, is launched from Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards.
- An unidentified vessel destroys the Federation colony on Solarion IV. It is later discovered to be Cardassians.
- The USS Nova, namesake of its class, is launched.
- The USS Bozeman, missing since 2278, is discovered trapped in a temporal distortion inside the Typhon Expanse.
- During a survey of the Argolis Cluster, the Enterprise-D rescues a Borg drone from a crashed ship.
The Next Generation: Season 4
- The Battle of Wolf 359 occurs, 39 Starfleet vessels are destroyed by a single Borg cube.
- Klingon Civil War rages between a faction loyal to Duras and secretly backed by Romulans and a faction loyal to Gowron and supportive of the Federation.
- Gowron becomes leader of the Klingon High Council.
- The Borg reach the Alpha Quadrant and capture Jean Luc Picard.
- An uneasy truce is established with the Cardassian Union.
- First Contact between the Federation and the Iyaarans.
The Next Generation: Season 3
- The Angosians apply for membership in the UFP, but it is placed on indefinite hold after the USS Enterprise discovers their treatment of war veterans.
- The USS Enterprise-D settles a population of nanites in the Kavis Alpha System.
The Next Generation: Season 2
- The USS Yamato discovers the ancient homeland of the extinct Iconian civilization inside the Romulan Neutral Zone. Unfortunately, the ship is destroyed when an automated probe attempted to interface the Yamato's computer systems.
- The Cardassians covertly attack the moon of Tessen, hoping to lure the Talarian Empire into war with the Federation.
- While on the way to a conference on Pacifica, the crew of the USS Enterprise-D learn their Antedean passengers are assassins.
- The USS Enterprise-D successfully relocates the Bringloidi to the planet Mariposa after their planet is threatened by solar flares.
- Investigating the death of the crew of the USS Lantree, the Enterprise-D discovers a link to the genetically-altered children of Darwin Station.
The Next Generation: Season 1
- The Romulan Star Empire re-establish diplomatic ties with the Federation.
- First Contact with the Q Continuum.
- While studying the solar characteristics of the Delos System star, the U.S.S. Enterprise-D is called to assist a freighter belonging to the Ornarans. They uncover the century-old manipulation of the Brekkians by their neighbor Ornarans.
- The Borg reach the Federation.
- While looking for the lost USS Drake, the Enterprise-D herself is nearly destroyed by a superweapon on Minos.
- An infiltration of neural parasites is uncovered inside Starfleet Command.
- Deneb IV joins the Federation.
- Official First Contact between the Federation and the Ferengi.
- The Federation mediates a treaty between the waring Anticans and Selay on the planet Parliament.
- Fearing that an EM pulse from their star will erradicate all life on Bynaus, two Bynar commandeer the USS Enterprise-D to store all their digital information in her computer.
- Starfleet's Akira class cruisers go into production at the New Aberdeen Ship Yards.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise-D is commissioned at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards.
- John Quinn graduates from Starfleet Academy
- Worf, first Klingon in Starfleet graduates from Starfleet Academy.
- A cessation of hostilities is signed with the Tzenkethi.
- Starbase 307 goes operational in the Bolarus System.
- Elements of the Orion Syndicate seize control of Driaan V's government.
- Federation-Tholian War ends.
- First Contact between the Federation and the Benzites.
- The Pahkwa-thanh join the Federation.
- John Quinn joins Starfleet Academy
- A treaty between the Federation and Talarians ends the Galen Border Conflicts.
- The Cheyenne class of explorers are put into production.
- The U.S.S. Pegasus experiments with a phase cloak system and is believed to be destroyed.
- First contact with the Bynar.
- Worf, first Klingon in Starfleet joins Starfleet Academy.
- The U.S.S. Galaxy is commissioned.
- Ataj joins the Federation.
- The Talarians attack the Federation colony on Galen IV, completely destroying it.
- The Borg are observed by the S.S. Raven, first unconfirmed contact between humans and Borg.
- Talax IV annexed by the Haakonian Order.
- The Galen Border Conflicts begin between the Federation and the Talarian Republic. An attempt by the Talarians to invade the colony on Castal I is beaten off with heavy losses to the attackers.
- The U.S.S. Stargazer engages a Ferengi vessel in the Battle of Maxia. The Stargazer wins using the Picard maneuver.
- A deep space civilian vessel is captured by the Borg.
- First successful test of a quantum torpedo by Starfleet.
- Thom Zeff born on Trillius Prime.
- The Tholian Conflict breaks out between the Tholians and the Federation.
- The Federation-Tzenkethi War begins following the attack on the USS Rickover.
- The first batch of genetically-altered Humans are born at Darwin Station, Gagarin IV.
- Drakt, Son of the Thirty-first House is born on Dayos IV.
- Treaty of Alliance signed between the Federation and the Klingons.
- Colonization begins on Athos IV.
- Deep Space 4 is put into operation near Romulan space.
- Cardassian saboteurs severly damage the communication array orbiting Antares IV.
- Tholian Invasion averted thanks to Bolian Admiral Taneko.
- Starbase 375 goes into operation in the Kalandra sector.